When people typically think of lavender in regards to allergies it is as a tool that can be used in some instances to alleviate symptoms for allergy sufferers. However, there are some people who are allergic to this sweet smelling substance.
People suffering from an allergy to lavender can have a number of different symptoms often depending on the method of exposure. Symptoms can sometimes get overlooked since they can appear to be just like the common cold. It is not uncommon for people to experience blurry vision, a burning sensation in the eyes, or a burning pain in the throat whenever lavender is used in things like aromatherapy, candles, or deodorizers. Abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea are possible when lavender is ingested. A rash or dry patches of eczema often develop whenever skin contact is made. A more severe reaction could find a person's pulse become rapid as their blood pressure drops possibly causing a loss of consciousness.
Treatment of symptoms from lavender allergies is a little different than many other allergic reactions. Of course, just like anything else, the best thing to do is to avoid contact and exposure altogether. Complete avoidance is not always possible.
If ingestion occurs it is recommended that you receive medical help as soon as possible. When you make the call be sure ad have the person's weight and height as well as how much of what was swallowed and when. Throwing up is not a recommended practice unless a medical professional instructs you to. Drinking water or milk is a typical practice unless the allergy sufferer is vomiting or experiencing convulsions.
Should the reaction be one that requires the person go to the emergency room, there is a strong chance that the doctor will administer something intended to cleanse the system and get the lavender out of your body as safely and quickly as possible.